Sjekk private meldinger
Fjordhest.net Forum Hovedsiden » Fjordhorse in English

Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema
Hello from Germany!
Vis Forrige Tema :: Vis Neste Tema  
Av Innlegg
Freddi

Ble Medlem: 22 Okt 2006

InnleggSkrevet: Søndag 22 Oktober 2006 - 23:02    Tittel: Hello from Germany! Svar med Sitat

Hello!

My name ist Friederike (nickname Freddi) and I'm from Germany.
I own a fjordhorse called Luna. She is 12 years old and I own her for about 3 years.

Me and my boyfriend (he learned to ride on Luna) are studying biology and we try to go to norway in the next years to study there for a year. Probably it will be to expensive, because Luna would have to come with us. I heard the stables (as well as all other things)are much more expensive.

For now I'm trying to learn the language. At the moment I'm just learning from a book with CD, but I'm going to take a course.
I also try to read the texts in this forum, but it's sometimes hard to understand the colloquial speech. But many words are similar to the german ones, so I don't have to look up every word.

Greets! Freddi
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding Besøk Medlemmets Nettside
Efwa

Ble Medlem: 21 Mar 2006

InnleggSkrevet: Mandag 23 Oktober 2006 - 6:33    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Welcome Freddi.
I´m from Sweden and i have some time difficulty understand some of the norwegien words too even thoug our laguages are more simular.

So, fear nothing Wink
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding Send e-post
aaseravn

Ble Medlem: 16 Okt 2006

InnleggSkrevet: Mandag 23 Oktober 2006 - 8:51    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Hello Freddi,
nice to hear you´re trying to learn our language! I can understand it´s a little bit difficult for you, especially trying to read from this fjordhorse forum. I guess you are aware of there beeing two different ways of writing norwegian? Norwegian is separated into "bokmål" and "nynorsk", both ways of writing are practiced at this forum. For example, the english word "I" =jeg on bokmål, =eg on nynorsk. Or "not" =ikke on bokmål, =ikkje on nynorsk and so on.
Confusing?
Well, don´t give up, quite a lot of the words are the same, too.
When I was young, our family had an exchange student, a belgian girl, living with us for a year. She learned norwegian so fast, and so well. After all those years I still receive christmas greetings from her, on "nynorsk".
So if you want to learn norwegian, I really can recommend moving to Norway for a period, it certainly is the best way of learning....
Good luck to you!!!
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
Freddi

InnleggSkrevet: Mandag 23 Oktober 2006 - 22:36    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Thank you both!

In my "learning books" the only thing they say about "nynorsk" is, that it is hardly ever used as spoken language but only in official documents. In my dictionary it isn't even mentioned! So I was very surprised to read some words here, that I could translate from the context, but couldn't find in the dictionary. I have just a pocket size dictionary, so I thought there are just missing some words. Now I know better! Wink
I think I have to look for a bigger better one! Rolling Eyes
Unfortunately in Germany norwegian is not a common language to learn, so I guess it will be hard to find one with bokmål and nynorsk.
Til Toppen
Merethe

Ble Medlem: 24 Mar 2006

InnleggSkrevet: Tirsdag 24 Oktober 2006 - 7:36    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Hello,

some years ago I worked with a german student in Jotunheimen, the first month he dident say more than neded. But then the norwegian words came.

This boy read comics in norwegian, to learn the language, and highly recomended it.

Good luck with learning norwegian
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
Vilde

Ble Medlem: 06 Mar 2006

InnleggSkrevet: Tirsdag 24 Oktober 2006 - 7:44    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

And dont't be afraid to ask. I think everybody here will be happy to help you if there is somethings you don't understand.
Til Toppen
Freddi

InnleggSkrevet: Onsdag 01 November 2006 - 17:05    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

@merethe

Thanks! Comics are a good idea. I have to order a dictionary in Norway, because in Germany you just can't get one thats big enough. Maybe I can order some comics, too!
Til Toppen
Kjellfrid

InnleggSkrevet: Torsdag 02 November 2006 - 10:29    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Freddi skrev:
Thank you both!

In my "learning books" the only thing they say about "nynorsk" is, that it is hardly ever used as spoken language but only in official documents. In my dictionary it isn't even mentioned! So I was very surprised to read some words here, that I could translate from the context, but couldn't find in the dictionary. I have just a pocket size dictionary, so I thought there are just missing some words. Now I know better! Wink
I think I have to look for a bigger better one! Rolling Eyes
Unfortunately in Germany norwegian is not a common language to learn, so I guess it will be hard to find one with bokmål and nynorsk.

AAAAAARGH.... Shocked I`m using "nynorsk" all the time, both written language and spoken. Nynorsk is a language which MOST of norway speak(most dialects in norway sounds like nynorsk), but quite few use it as a written language. Those who use bokmål as a spoken language live in Oslo or Bergen (very conservative citypeople). For some reason people think that its better to speak citylanguage than their own dialect (I suppose its the same way in germany?).

Anyway (I just had to get it out Laughing ) Hope youll enjoy your stay in norway! And I recommend Universty of lifesciences, Ås for your biology-studies. (much easier to find stable for your horse) Prices from 1000NOK/ month - 5000kr/ month
Freddi

InnleggSkrevet: Torsdag 02 November 2006 - 18:48    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Kjellfrid skrev:

Nynorsk is a language which MOST of norway speak(most dialects in norway sounds like nynorsk), but quite few use it as a written language. Those who use bokmål as a spoken language live in Oslo or Bergen (very conservative citypeople).

Oh, that's interesting!
We have just two dictionarys norwegian - german, and both include only bokmål!

Kjellfrid skrev:

For some reason people think that its better to speak citylanguage than their own dialect (I suppose its the same way in germany?).

In Germany it is a bit different. In the most cities the people speak the dialect of the region. It is not that strong, most times, but you can hear it. You can most times tell, from which city someone comes, when he just said a few sentences. In Hamburg and Northern Germany we don't have that strong dialect, but it is nevertheless "special".
I personally can hardly understand the people from Bayern (down in the south of Germany). They have a very strong dialect.

But also many people nowadays speak only "Hochdeutsch", the only written language.

Kjellfrid skrev:

Anyway (I just had to get it out Laughing ) Hope youll enjoy your stay in norway! And I recommend Universty of lifesciences, Ås for your biology-studies. (much easier to find stable for your horse) Prices from 1000NOK/ month - 5000kr/ month

Thank you! Then I'm gonna look it up in the internet.
Til Toppen
Vilde

InnleggSkrevet: Torsdag 02 November 2006 - 21:12    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

I think I have to defend myself and the rest of the million norwegian people speeking "bokmål" because that is really our dialekt. Well it´s the only dialekt I have anyway. And I´m not really from Oslo.

But I have to agree with Kjellfrid: Go and study in Ås. It´s the best place to study!
Til Toppen
Anna Kristine

Ble Medlem: 14 Nov 2005

InnleggSkrevet: Fredag 03 November 2006 - 0:24    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

You will probably not like to hear this, Vilde, but i have not heard one single person talk pure "bokmål" without any hint of dialect. Not even in Oslo.

InnleggSkrevet: Fredag 03 November 2006 - 8:02    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Well, I haven´t heard very many people talking pure "nynorsk" without any hint of dialekt either. I talk like I write except for maybe the way I pronounce some words, and I call that "bokmål".
Til Toppen
Vis Innlegg fra:   
Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema    Fjordhest.net Forum Hovedsiden » Fjordhorse in English Alle klokkeslett er CET (Europa)
Side 1 av 1

Gå Til:  
Du kan ikke starte nye temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke svare på temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke endre dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke delta i avstemninger i dette forumet